Each area of life needs constant work, and it’s up to you to know when and how.
The beauty yet problem with modern life is that there are many distractions, billions of things to think, say and do. We can easily avoid the basics, going down a rabbit hole of the unnecessary, neglecting the most important aspects of life.
During the process of self improvement, you’ll face tough decisions; ie. what stays and what goes? First ask yourself, does it make me feel good or bad? What is good vs. bad? If something makes you feel bad or uncomfortable its time to evaluate that part of your life and figure out whether it’s something you want to keep and work on, or completely purify from your life. Then ask yourself, does this contribute to or hinder the balance of my life?
You may be familiar with Maslow’s Hierarchy, a pyramid that dissects the basic areas of life. Generally it is said you must master the bottom tiers, before mastering the latter, eventually ending with realizing your full potential and recognizing who you truly are. However once you move through the pyramid with a clear idea of how you specifically bring balance to each tier, you’ll realize there is no end, it is a continuous cycle, with variables constantly changing.
Most likely when you start your journey you’ll wonder, where do I start? Start with finding yourself the best food, the purest water, the cleanest air, and the most comfortable shelter. If you have a cracked foundation it could hinder the other areas of life.
If you have gone through the entire hierarchy, go back over all the tiers and make sure everything is aligned with your goals, values, and priorities.
Read more about Maslow’s Hierarchy to have a better understanding… Simply Psychology | Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs
an intense feeling of deep affection.
“Everything worth having costs something, and the price of true love is self-knowledge.” -Unknown
I love you the way I love myself.
- How do I show myself love?
- How do I express my love?
- How do I receive love?
- Do I express myself clearly?
- I love myself because I am….
- I love the way I….
- Create the best version of yourself to present to others.
- Build leadership skills
- Build emotional intelligences.
- Recognize fear vs. love based emotions.
- Build social/relationship skills
- Learn the 5 love languages; what is your love language, what is your partner’s love language, what is the love language of the people you love?
the way in which two or more concepts, objects, or people are connected, or the state of being connected.
the way in which two or more people or organizations regard and behave toward each other.
In a relationship there are only 2 things you can control.
- The way you present yourself; the things you say and do.
- The way you react to what the other person says and does.
The best way to improve your relationships, is to improve yourself. The right people will come into your life at the right time when you focus on being the best version of yourself you can be.
Feeling like you belong somewhere brings about more love into your life. The more love you give to yourself, the more you can love others, the more others love you.
- Where do I feel like I belong?
- What do I enjoy doing that I could do with others?
- How can I give a little bit of myself to the community?
- How can I make wherever I am little bit better?